Longer Lasting Mother’s Day Flowers – Find out how!
Ensure that your Mother’s Day Flowers Maintain Mum’s smile for as long as possible
Flowers have always been a timeless present that symbolizes love, admiration, and appreciation when it comes to expressing our thoughts. There is something special about the beauty of flowers that has the power to uplift spirits and brighten someones day. Therefore, it is not surprising that flower arrangements have been considered as the perfect gift for centuries.
Flowers hold an even greater significance in our hearts on special occasions such as Mothers Day. They are an ideal way to show your mother how much you love and appreciate them. However, we all know that flowers, like most things in life, have a limited lifespan and will eventually wither and die. But don’t worry, there are ways to extend the life of your flowers and therefore the time that your gift brings joy and happiness to your mother.
Yes, there are a couple of easy yet effective things you can do to extend the life of your thoughtful floral gift.
Select Longer-lasting Flowers
It can be tough to find the appropriate flowers for a Mothers Day present. Fortunately, there are a variety of flowers that are perfect for Mothers Day and can be longer-lasting.
- Red roses are a sign of deep love and respect, which makes them a great gift for moms. Pink flowers show respect and thanks, while yellow roses show friendship and happiness. White roses are often given to new moms on their first Mothers Day to show that they are pure and innocent.
- Carnations are one of the most widely given flowers on Mothers Day and are a symbol of motherly love, fascination, and prestige. Pink carnations represent maternal love, while white carnations represent love and good luck.
- Lilies are a great choice for Mothers Day because their colorful leaves last up to two weeks. They are often shown as a sign of beauty and a fresh start.
- Tulips are a popular choice for Mothers Day because their soft petals can last up to three weeks. They stand for love, care, and loyalty.
- Daffodils are a happy flower that can stay in bloom for up to three weeks. They are often given to represent a new start, hope, or a chance to start over.
- Gerbera daisies come in many bright colors and can last for up to two weeks. They are a popular gift for Mothers Day because they represent beauty and purity.
Flower Care & Maintenance
Following the selection of your flowers, the next opportunity to extend their life is by following a few basic maintenance suggestions that anyone can perform. Here are some suggestions for making the most of your Mothers Day flower delivery:
- Cut the stems: Cut the stems of your flowers at an angle to help with water absorption and therefore longer-lasting blooms. Remove any leaves that will be submerged in the water and cut approximately an inch off the stems with clean, sharp scissors or a knife.
- Change the water regularly: Fresh flowers require clean water to grow, so change the water on a regular basis. Replace the vase’s water every couple of days, or anytime it appears hazy, and be sure to add some flower food or homemade preservative.
- Feed your flowers: Use a floral preservative, which you can get from your florist,, or make your own by combining equal parts lemon-lime soda, water, and a few drops of bleach. This will feed the flowers and help them bloom longer.
- Keep your flowers cool : Keep them away from direct sunshine, heat sources, and drafts, as a cooler climate ensures they last longer.
- Prune as needed : Remove wilted or dead petals and leaves as needed to maintain the beauty of the arrangement and prevent bacteria from forming in the water.
- Avoid fruits and vegetables: Keep your flower arrangement away from ripening fruit, as the gases generated by fruits can cause flowers to age prematurely.
- Mist your flowers: Lightly spraying your flowers with water will assist to keep them fresh; however, excess moisture might encourage mold and bacteria growth.
- Be gentle with your flowers: Flowers can bruise quickly, so handle them with care. Avoid touching the petals and exercise caution when moving the arrangement to clean or replace the water.
By following these helpful hints, you may ensure that your Mothers Day flowers last as long as possible. So go ahead and get some lovely blooms for your mother this year, and watch her face light up with delight!